- Scream at the top of your lungs while driving so the neighbours don’t call the police.
…just kidding..kinda. Well actually I have done that and it definitely helps but it’s not the best solution. I have a very stressful job as I’m driven by deadlines most of the time. Also trying to get cakes out is very stressful as they are always last minute in order to keep them fresh….so if they don’t perform according to plan – and the weather can play a huge role in this – then stress gets really bad.
So I do a few things to de-stress. One thing I try to do often is go and walk at the beachfront, exercise is vital to mental wellbeing. Paddling in the water and feeling the water and sand between your toes is wonderful. The sound of the waves, the smell of the sea – it resets the soul!!
The other thing I do to relax (besides watching endless tv series) is to craft. I love making things from up-cycled items. So here is a how to on decoupaging pebbles I found at the beach.
- Pick a nice smooth pebble and make sure it’s clean.
- Spread a layer of podge over the stone.
- Place a serviette (or paper) over the stone and smooth down gently with your fingers.
- Turn the stone over and spread a layer of podge on the bottom and wrap serviette around it.
- Cut off any excess paper.
- Smooth it.
- Turn the stone back over and spread the podge over the seriviette and gently pushing it down and making sure there are no bumps or air bubbles.
- Leave to dry over night and do the bottom.
Here is one I did the other day and am going to use as a door stop as it’s rather large.
If all of the above doesn’t help, pick up the pebble and throw it at someone – hehe no really am kidding on that one – don’t do it.
However, it really is a good idea to have a hobby or some form of stress relief no matter what kind of job or lifestyle you have – unless of course you’re loaded and float about the Mediterranean on a yacht most of the year…in that case, all you need to do is call and invite me 😉 haha but seriously folks, stay on top of it!!